Saturday, July 8, 2017

1 Second a Day

Throughout my internship with the United Nations (UN), I have been given the privilege to learn about administrative mannerisms, arms trafficking, forensic ballistics, Resolution 1540, the missing links within the private security sector, the life cycle of its projects, how the UN executes grant writing and much more. I have been given the opportunity to become accustomed to an 8-5 job (most often longer hours than this). I am now a disarmament ambassador, continue to be an advocate for peace,  and have become proficient in my marketing attempts with the color blue. It has been an enriching experience and extremely conducive towards seamlessly introducing me to the paying-professional world after I honorably receive my Master’s degree from the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey. 
I was asked to keep my blog discrete, which propelled a desire to creatively document this time in Lima, hence the title of this blog. The congested city, endless honking, pungent smells, loving people, kind souls, delectable food, and enduring stomach infections has tested my resilience and have shown me that I am much more capable, patient, and optimistic than I previously thought. 
To my colleagues at UNLIREC, my roommates and friends in Lima, my friends and family in Pedregal, MIIS, and my loved ones back home, I cannot thank you enough for contributing immensely towards this unforgettable chapter of my life. It flew by! and the video below (3:41 seconds) illustrates the speed, story, and feelings of the last six months of my life. 

Used with the APP called 1SE


No comments:

Post a Comment